good buddies and beer

a blog by Ryan Pollock

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Boilermaker Post Race Party

In my post about the Boilermaker I did not elaborate on the post race party. The mayor of Utica always claims that the race is "9.3 miles to the best party anywher!" or something corny like that. The thing is, hes not that far off. There is something completely amazing about free beer at 9:30 in the morning after a hard 9 mile race.

Every time I've run the race its been hot and sunny, which makes the cold Saranac beer at the finish the ultimate reward for all the hard work you've done. SLU always has a large crowd that gathers there after the race to talk about the race, catch up, and do what we do best, drink! A few times I've attempted to have as many beers as the miles I'd ran (rounded up of course). I passed on that this year but I did have quite a few. Its so cool to be drinking beer at 9:30 in the morning with over 10,000 other runners. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home