good buddies and beer

a blog by Ryan Pollock

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Sercice Start/Stop Script

I just wrote a few scripts to start and stop my IIS services so that I don't have to keep them running all the time. I realized that it was pointless to keep opening up the service manager and manually turning off the ones that I thought had something to do with IIS.

Starting and stopping services with a script in windows is incredibly easy and there are plenty of guides out there for it. I used one from Tech Recipies and one from TweakXP. They basically just tell you that NET START "Service" is the format for starting and NET STOP "Service" is the format for stopping. I just made a file called IIS_Shutdown.bat which consists of

@echo off
NET STOP "ColdFusion MX 7 Application Server"
NET STOP "ColdFusion MX 7 ODBC Agent"
NET STOP "ColdFusion MX 7 ODBC Server"
NET STOP "ColdFusion MX 7 Search Server"
NET STOP "Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)"
NET STOP "World Wide Web Publishing"
NET STOP "ASP.NET State Service"
NET STOP "IIS Admin"

and to turn it back on again I made IIS_Startup.bat which consists of

@echo Off
NET START "ColdFusion MX 7 Application Server"
NET START "ColdFusion MX 7 ODBC Agent"
NET START "ColdFusion MX 7 ODBC Server"
NET START "ColdFusion MX 7 Search Server"
NET START "Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)"
NET START "World Wide Web Publishing"
NET START "ASP.NET State Service"
NET START "IIS Admin"

That is all there is to it. So simple and yet I like it so much.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home