good buddies and beer

a blog by Ryan Pollock

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Vintage Nike Shoes

My friend Seton gave me a call the other day to let me know that Nike is re-making many of their vintage shoes from the late 1970's. As someone who used to steal my dads 25 year old racers just because they looked cool, I am really excited about this. Yeah they probably aren't great for your feet and they probably won't help all that much toward a new P.R., but they just might make you feel like Pre running in shoes made on Bowerman's waffle iron.

I'll probably pick up a pair or two to wear around. Not sure if I'm going to try running or racing in them though. Mostly because I don't run or race too much anymore, unless I'm in the mood for some good old self loathing.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Sammy said...

May I suggest getting off your duff and running a little?

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger pollock said...

Interesting strategy Cotton, we'll have to see how that works out for them.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger zora said...

Ah ha! New running shoes! An even better reason that we should get our there running... Now, if only you would either a) start coming home before 7:00 or b) get up earlier to run in the morning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home