good buddies and beer

a blog by Ryan Pollock

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Day #1 is down

I got up New Year's morning and laced up my shoes for my daily run #1 out of 365. Fighting a hangover, snow, and the hills of New Hampshire I struggled through a good 27 minutes.

It was good that I got out early because soon after I finished a crazy snowstorm started that dumped 14-18 inches in NH. Tora and I ended up retreating away from the crazy traffic on I-93 to stay at her parent's house. Because of that we had to get up at 5:30 to drive back down to Boston and I haven't gotten run #2 in yet. I'm hoping to do it right after work, I'm not about to give up on the second day!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger Sammy said...

Sorry to point this out, but you seem to have forgotten February 29th. If you run 365 days in 2008, you loose the second bet, and possibly the first.

Also, what's the minimum distance that qualifies as a "run" or is just suiting up and running around the block good enough?

Hope it works out. 100 on 100 is in August.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger pollock said...

Aaaah getting right into the technicalities of the bet, must be the lawyer in you.

A run is 23 minutes of consectutive running. Running is movement where you have no feet on the ground in between each stride, ie. airborn.

The 365 days was a bit of negotiation on my part. The term of the bet was for 365 days so I get one day off for the year. Thank god for the leap year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home