good buddies and beer

a blog by Ryan Pollock

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Run #2

I lasted another day with the bet. I just finished a pretty hard 23 minute and 30 second run here in Waltham with Tora. I was really glad that Tora volunteered to come with me because today is mad cold. We ran around in our neighborhood and down into West Newton where we made a quick stop to see if the local outdoor store had any reflective vests. Before you claim that it is cheating to stop, we were only in there for 30 seconds and I stopped the clock. They were all sold out so we bounced and kept running.

We both had a hard time coming up with the appropriate gear to run in the cold and at night. We were short one lobster mit, my nice pair of tights, her headlamp, and both of our reflective vests. I guess I need to start digging around for lost stuff, or make up a list for my birthday.

I'm a little worried about tomorrow morning. The plan is to get up and run before work but its going to be freakin freezing. I heard its supposed to be like 7 degrees out! We'll just have to see how it goes!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home