good buddies and beer

a blog by Ryan Pollock

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Back on the Wagon (or off?)

I started playing World of Warcraft again. I went months without so much as logging in but something started to pull at me and I've been playing more and more. At first I just wanted to level Icehouse to level 70. That was actually pretty nice because leveling can all be done solo so there was no group pull to play a ton. If I decided to log off I just quit it and left everything. After I hit 70 though I started to PvP. This was great fun and even though I was seriously under geared I did pretty well. I re-specced holy and remembered how much I like healing. Healing is great and all but its kind of hard to do by yourself. So now I am PvP'ing on my own, doing an Arena group with Veldrane (Dan) and Brutask (Andy), and doing 5 man instances when I get the chance. Yes I am hooked.

I'm really resisting the pull to start raiding again as I just don't have the time right now to do more than 1 night a week playing. I think that I'm still burnt out on raiding from all the time that I spent with OB, so at least I can't get that into WoW. I'll probably play furiously for a month or two and then get bored again. Its already cutting into time that I should be using for wedding preparation and just life (laundry is piling up!). Why is that game just so much fun?!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger Sammy said...

You better hope Evil Ryan Pollock plays WoW, otherwise your re-kindled habbit is likely to get in the way of your plans to take him down...

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger pollock said...

Did you see that he commented in the comments of my post about him?

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger grumpus said...

Good luck with 70. So much to do :O

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Huck said...

I think you have a problem...

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Huck. You do have a problem!

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Tora and Huck. No more WoW! We heart Ryan, but not Icehouse!!

 
At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WoW free since july here. If you ever want to take over Heidegger you can. Epic gear, lvl 70, bout 1000g if I recall. But on the other hand you prob should give it up for Tora's sake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home